Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Review: Buxom Lip Glosses

Before I start my review I just wanted to apologise for not writing too much the last few months.  I have been so busy with life in general that I feel like I just cannot catch up at times.  I am going to try to get some more reviews out soon, but I can't promise anything because the new college semester is starting up again for me on Monday already.  But, thank you to everyone who has be patient and to everyone who follows my blog!




  I love Buxom.  They are a part of Bare Minerals, but are a separate line/brand.  I started out last winter getting the Sailor Collection, which is 4 mini glosses, just like the one to the left.  Since then, I have purchased 5 full size glosses and the Rock Star Collection, which is what you see to the left.

Types of Buxom
There are 2 different types of Buxom.  Sheer and Full Coverage.  The sheer has the perfect amount of coverage and the Full Coverage is more like a glossy lip stick, though it is in gloss form.  Also, the Sheer colors have doe foot applicators (those form tips) and the Full Coverage glosses have actual lip brushes for wands.
About the Plumping Effect
They are a plumping gloss, however they DO NOT burn.  They give a cooling sensation which actually feels really nice.  I don't know if they really do plump.  I say that because I've heard that they work for some people yet not others.  I do feel that my lips look bigger when wearing my Buxom, however, I feel that it is because of their glossy and shimmering effects, not due to actual plumping.


The Colors
The colors in the Rock Star collection are wonderful.    Julie is a gorgeous light pink, more like an extension of your lips that just helps to amplify your natural color.  Blanche is a light nude color.  It goes on pretty clear but with great glitter and shine.  Gabby is gorgeous!  It looks pretty dark in the tube, but trust me, it's lighter than it looks.  I'm very pale so dark colors are generally a no-no for me (they wash me out), but Gabby is the perfect coppery red.  Remember, the color is sheer, so while it is a nice coverage of color, it isn't as dark as it looks.  Gabby has great red sparkles in it.  Tanya is a beautiful peppy pink.  Just a light layer of Tayna is needed because the color is so hyper, but it is gorgeous (and a great color for young teens!)THE BUXOM COLLECTIONS ARE LIMITED EDITION SO GET THEM NOW IF YOU WANT THEM!

Full size colors I have would include...  ALL OF THE FULL SIZE ARE ON BUXOM'S PERMENT LINE.
Isabella which is a perfect bronzy-nude (especially for summer time!) Isabella is a Sheer Color.  Roxanne is a Full Coverage gloss and it is a great red.  It has bits of broze in it with shimmer and the shine is outragous! Destiny (Sheer Color) is my color.  There is no other way to explain it, it was as if it was made for me!  It is a corally pink with gold and bits of light green shimmer (though you cannot tell it is green unless you have a trained eye for this).  It is simply the perfect year round color. Clair (Sheer Color) is a gorgeous light mauve. It is like an extention of the lips, it has coverage, but the color is so close to the natural color, that it only amplifies nature's beauty.  Clair also is part of the diamond collection, so the shimmer in it is seriously amazing. Carmen (Full Coverage) is the darkest buxom I own.  It is purple.  I cannot lie.  My little sister actually got it for me and I couldn't take it back simply for that fact.  Put on very lightly, it is pretty, but defintly not a color for me (I'm too pale!).



Full size is 0.15 fl oz. and prices at $18 each
Mini size is 0.07 fl oz. and can only be purchased in sets.  Prices usually sit at around $38-42




**I bought all the mentioned with my own money (except the one my sister got me!).  I did not get paid for this review.  All opinions are my own unless otherwise stated.**


No comments: