Friday, January 28, 2011

Review: The Making of a Gentleman by Shana Galen

Twelve years in prison has stripped him of his humanity...


Armand, Comte de Valère has lost the ability to interact with polite society, until his family hires him a beautiful tutor, and he starts to come alive again...

Saving him is her only chance to escape a terrible fate...

Felicity Bennett vows she'll do whatever it takes to help Armand fight back the demons that have held him captive for so long...

With Felicity's help, Armand begins to heal, until a buried secret threatens to destroy their growing passion... description taken from here.




I loved this book!  I actually did not know that this is the 2nd book in Galen's series.  Apparently the first book is The Making Of A Duchess, which I will definitely be getting my hands on very soon.  That said, you can easily read the book as a stand alone book without getting lost.

The plot was simply beautiful and the characters were great.  I love how much personality Galen put in each of her characters.  In just the one book I felt like I already knew the whole family.  The book was simply great, and I really do not want to say any more about it because I don't want to spoil anything for those of you who have yet to read it. 

But, for those of you who are wondering what the book is about, I will say this: 

Poor Armand who was once basically French royalty, was separated from his family as a young child and endured things no one should have to go through.  He learned that the only thing that could save him was not speaking.  Finally rescued as an adult by his older brother, he is now trying to get back in the swing of things (like wearing clothes and having manners, etc).  Needing some help though, Felicity enters the picture.

Felicity is in a tough situation.  Actually, she's stuck in a really bad engagement proposal, but unless she wants to ruin her reputation and never marry (then becoming the family burden), she has to pay her fiance off, which is why she took the much needed job as a governess.

And there our story begins..  : )





**I received an ARC of this book in order to write a real and honest review.  All opinions are my own unless otherwise stated.  I did not get paid for posting this.**



No comments: