Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Review: Green Day: 21st Century Breakdown CD

      I'm sure everyone has heard of Green Day.  They just came out with their long awaited 8th album titled 21st Century Breakdown.
      A few songs, such as Know your enemy and 21 guns have been playing on the radio for a bit now.  Unfortuntly, those are about the best songs on the album. 
    21st Century Breakdown is explicit!  It comes with a second CD which has 6 "bonus songs" (American Idiot, Jesus of Suburbia, Holiday, Are we the waiting, St. Jimmy, and Boulevard of Broken Dreams)
    To me, this particular Green Day CD seems a bit sad...  It isn't as upbeat and fun to listen to as the past CDs they have put out.

List of songs on 21st Century Breakdown:
1) Song of the Century
Act I- Heros and Cons
2) 21st Century Breakdown
3) Know your enemy
4) Viva La Gloria!
5) Before the Labotomy
6) Christian's Inferno
7) Last Night on Earth
Act II- Charlatans and Saints
8) East Jesus Nowhere
9) Peacemaker
10) Last of the American Girls
11) Murder City
12) Viva La Gloria? (little girl)
13) Restless Heart Syndrome
Act III- Horseshoes and Handgrenades
14) Horseshoes and Handgrenades
15) The Static Age
16) 21 Guns
17) American Eulogy
     A. Mass Hysteria
     B. Modern World
18) See the Light

***I am a past Green Day fan.  I like all kinds of music which includes: jazz, rock, opera, screamo, alternative, some country, and some rap.  In no way is my post biased to this genre of music.***


**I was not paid for this post.  The CD reviewed was purchased by me.  I have posted the review of my own will and want to share with you my opinion.**

No comments: