Thursday, May 13, 2010

Review: 101 Things I learned in Culinary School

Hardcover: 212 pages


Publisher: Grand Central Publishing (May 20, 2010) 

ISBN-13: 978-0446550307
 
 
Louis Eguaras, a renowned chef at the Le Cordon Bleu Program at the California School of Culinary Arts, provides readers with a terrific overview of what is truly involved in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals. He also provides invaluable insights into just what is involved in making this one's chosen profession.  The book will feature a wide range of illustrated lessons, from how to properly hold a knife... to the history of food... from food preparation and presentation... to restaurant hospitality and management, and much more.  The book will be presented in the distinctive and highly-attractive packaged style of 101 THINGS I LEARNED IN ARCHITECTURE SCHOOL, and will be the perfect gift for anyone who is thinking about entering culinary school, is already enrolled, or even just the casual chef. description takedn from here.

I love to cook, so this was a great book for me to read.  I learned so much from this short book, it's amazing.  101 pages, each with a new fact.  Definitions, how-to's, tips, and quotes fill the pages.  Great book for anyone wanting to learn to cook, looking to polish their cooking skills, or just love to be in the kitchen.


**I received a complementary copy of this book in order to write a real and honest review. I did not get paid for this post. All opinions are my own, unless otherwise stated.**






No comments: