Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Review: Water In The Sky jewelry



 Water In The Sky is a little shop on Etsy.com that offers beautiful handmade jewelry pieces and gorgeous scarfs.  Beautiful earrings, pendants, and rings fill the shop.  Scarfs for the whole family in all arrangements of colors dot the pages of the online web shop.  Katelyn, the owner of Water In The Sky, both designs and makes every piece offered to customers.

Katelyn was nice enough to send me an item from her shop of my choice to review.  I chose the Dark Blue Ring in a size 6.


 













I really like this ring.  The bead on it is very intense, the color shows up wonderfully, and it goes great with my favorite pair of blue jeans.  Now, I asked for the ring to come in a size 6.  I used to wear a 6, so I figured I still did.  Then, the other day I got a ring for my birthday from my grandparents and I had to go get it sized.  Turns out, I wear close to a 6 1/2 now.  My point in mentioning this is because even though I asked for a 6 (a size too small for my finger, unbeknowest to me) it still fits comfortably, if not a bit too large.  So, if you really like this ring (which is only $10 + $2 S&H!) you should probably order it a bit smaller than what you normally wear.

Katelyn offers this ring in a number of wire colors.  They come in Silver, Black. Dark Purple, Gold, and Rustic Silver wire. You can also get the same styled ring with a different colored bead.

When I first got the ring, I was a bit worried that it would fall apart.  It didn't strike me as a very sturdy piece of jewelry.  But, upon further inspection, I decided it is in fact very sturdy.  Wire wraps around your finger in a series of 3 loops.  The band is not going to change shape unless some very drastic pressure hits it. The bead is securly wrapped as well, in an intricate loopy design that is very appealing to the eye.  In my opinion, the ring is well worth the price, only $10!

You can get your own here.  The rings can be made to fit any size finger.



**I received a complementary sample of this product in order to write a real and honest review. I did not get paid for this post. All opinions are my own, unless otherwise stated.**





No comments: