Monday, October 11, 2010

Review: God and Dog by Wendy Francisco


GOD AND DOG is a phenomenon. First appearing on YouTube, the video of Wendy Francisco's charming animated illustrations and moving song tells of the unconditional love of both God and Dog.




With over 2 million YouTube viewings to date, Francisco's story appeals to all ages, to animal enthusiasts, to people of religious persuasions, and especially to anyone who has been loved by a dog.



Now in book format, Wendy's touching narrative will be expanded on through additional lyrics, illustrations, photographs and some of the powerful mail that is continually being sent to Francisco. description taken from here.

I found this book to be very dull.  At only 48 pages long, some might consider this to be a children's book since the words are extremely simple and the pictures easy and cartoon-ish.  However, I cannot image a young child, or a child of any age that is, to be any more interested in this book than I was.  Its dull, and I feel as if it has been 'dumbed down' as some people may call it.  Overall, this book was a waste of time.


*I received a complementary copy of this book in order to write a real and honest review. I did not get paid for this post. All opinions are my own, unless otherwise stated.**


No comments: