Saturday, July 17, 2010

Review: The Lion by Nelson DeMille

 John Corey, former NYPD Homicide detective and special agent for the Anti-Terrorist Task Force, is back on the trail of Asad Khalil, the notorious Libyan terrorist known as 'The Lion'. Corey and his partner, agent Kate Mayfield, tracked Khalil across the US after his threats to wipe out the US in a horrific wave of terrorism. But after methodically eliminating his victims one by one, Khalil disappeared without a trace. Now, years later, Khalil has returned to America to take care of unfinished business. 'The Lion' is a killing machine on a mission of revenge, and John Corey will not stop until he rids the earth of this tyrant once and for all.


This is the first book I have read (listened to) from DeMille.  I have never heard his name before in the writers field.  But, he has been around for a while.  Long enough to have 16 books published and available to the public.

15 1/2 hours of murder mystery.  I have mentioned this before, but I used to love reading murder mysteries.  However, something I am not a fan of, no matter the genre, is war.  I just cannot get into it because they always put more detailing into the war aspect than the story line.   When I say "war", I don't just mean big wars such as WWI.  I also mean "assignments" where people are going against gangs or terrorists and have to elimate people.  I think everyone who follows my other blog (Sexy Women Read) knows that I love romance and erotica books.  However, there is even a few romance genre books with war aspects that I could not make it through.  They just bore me to no end.

So, it is without wonder that I did not care for this particular book.  That being said, other people might enjoy the book.  The characters are well developed, the story line and plot are established ealry on, and jokes are sprinked throughout.



**I did not get paid for this review.  All opinions are my own unless otherwise stated.  I recieved a free copy of this audio book in order to procure a real and honest review.**



No comments: