Thursday, March 25, 2010

Review: Yes! to Cookies




Yes! To Cookies recently sent me some cookies to review.  They sent me a package of Cocoa-Licious and Strawberry-Banana Blitz cookies.  These are the only two flavors they offer.  The cookies are "Zero Gluten, Zero Sugar, Zero Starch, Zero Worries", and as far as I am concerned, Zero Taste.

Yes! To Cookies are a healthy snack for people on diets, people who are diabetic, and people allergic to wheat gluten. 

I am not a dieter.  I am not diabetic, and I am not allergic to wheat gluten.  Therefore, I am very used to eating real foods.  This means, I love food.  I eat sugars and fats and carbs.  I love to cook and I love to eat.  My family usually centers every family activites (ok, activities in general) around food.  I am not used to eating diet products.

The cookies I am used to eating are buttery smooth, melt-in-your-mouth yummy, and have a light-ish texture.  Yes! To Cookies are heavy, almost like a dense bread.  The flavoring it does have is not exactly tastey.

Now, I didn't want to write a review without having other opinions, so I shared my Yes! To Cookies with my family.  Here is the feed back I got (and yes, I am quoting!)

  • My mother said,  "These taste like dirt.  Actually, I think dirt would taste better!"

  • My uncle didn't say anything, he just made a face like he did when I was little and made him eat a playdoe pancake.

  • My sister said, "These are the worst cookies I have ever had.  They taste like cinnamon, dirt and mold.  They even smell bad!"  (my sister is 10 years old.  I always take a kid's advice, they are too young to cover the truth with niceties)


As you can see, my family did not like these.  I did not like these cookies. So, naturally, I am not recommending these to anyone.


**Yes! To Cookies sent me cookies in order for me to write a real and honest review.  I did not get paid for this post.**




No comments: