Monday, September 6, 2010

The National Geographic Channel is the channel to watch

This guest post from Hong Alexander




When most people thing of National Geographic, they may think of the old magazines with giraffes on them or the magazines that you were made to read in school. I am here to say, that was then. The National Geographic Channel has to be one of the best educational and entertaining channels I have ever had the pleasure to watch. There is always something good on.

I like to snuggle up on my couch with a nice, cozy blanket and watch National Geographic on satellite tv, which I got through some great direct tv packages in Mississippi. They have shows on that hunt for Somali Pirates, shows on recent disasters like Hurricane Katrina, devastating shows on earthquakes, and so much more. Yes you will get the occasional fish program or monkeys running wild in India but most of the programming really opens up your eyes to what is going on in the world. Actually the program about the monkeys running wild in India was pretty funny! Imagine walking down the street and seeing a bunch of monkeys trying to steal bananas out of the local markets!

If you want a great educational experience, The National Geographic Channel has my vote. I give it two thumbs up. If you have a book report that is due or just want to learn something new, tune in and see what's going on. You'll be pleasantly surprised!




**This is a sponsored guest post.  I did receive a small fee for posting this.  All opinions are my own unless otherwise stated.**





No comments: