Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Review: Foxy by Pam Grier



Foxy is by Pam Grier, an actress. It is a memoir of her life in “Three Acts”.


I think it is pretty cool how there are sections in Foxy that have pictures of Pam growing up. The first picture is one of her at 3 months old. You can tell the picture is older and has gone through a lot of hands, the copy looking crinkled, taped, and dirty. The pictures themselves share a story with readers, one of the pictures even being a copy of an old postcard Pam had received at some point in her life.

I love how honest the writings are. If it were me, I certainly would not be publishing a book about my whole life with all kinds of personal secrets out in the open for everyone to see. It is one thing if you read a rumor in a magazine; you could push it off as embellished, false, etc. But, coming from your own mouth, wow, Pam Grier is seriously honest, and I give her a lot of credit for that.

Memoirs are always fun to read, as long as they aren’t about depression, sexual abuse, etc… They usually almost always include some good laughs. Pam’s book sounded really honest and down to earth. It was cool to read.






No comments: