Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Review: The Remedy by Supa Nove Slom


When I heard about this book, my first thought was, 'who, or what, is "Supa Nova Slom"?'  Supa Nova Slom is a hip-hop performer and holistic practitioner who works with young people on health and empowerment issues through the Hip-Hop Meditation Cipher.

Known as hip-hop's medicine man, Supa Nova Slom has helped the biggest names in hip-hop get healthy. In this two-part health guide, Supa Nova Slom shares his program for restoring health and balance to your body.


In the first half, he introduces his Chlorophyllian Cleanse, which revitalizes as it cleanses by flushing and feeding your body. The second half of the book focuses his Five Week Power Plan, which provides amazing energy and the pathway to real weight-loss through healthy living and a green diet.


I am not a dieter, but it is set up nicely.  Broken down by the week, and then further by the day, the book tells you want to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.  This sounds like a very easy diet to follow, and I have heard a lot of great things from people who have used the diet's system.  Going even further than just with a diet, the book also has exercises a person can do to go along with the diet.  Specific sections tell you want exercise to do to work certain areas of your body, targeting on your problem areas.

I really like the seup of this book.  It is both informative, yet really easy to read.  It doesn't feel like a chore list but like a friend saying, 'hey this worked for me, why don't you try it?' 





**I received a complementary copy of this book in order to write a real and honest review. I did not get paid for this post. All opinions are my own, unless otherwise stated.**


No comments: